Hydrate & Protect
- Contains the IASC (International Aloe Science Council) seal that certifies the aloe content and purity
- A source of over 200 nutrients, enzymes, vitamins and minerals, including 13 of the 17 essential minerals needed for good nutrition
- Contains no high fructose corn syrups or artificial sweeteners
- Contains no thickeners or emulsifiers
- Virtually free of emodin or aloin
- Contains natural aloe vera leaf
- Source of amino acids
- Contains ActiveAloe™ to enhance aloe vera’s biological activity
- Harvested and processed to ensure the body receives maximum benefits
- Great tasting and refreshing flavours!
- No Detectable GMOs
Ultimate Aloe Juice, is a rich source of aloe, also great tasting and comes in a variety of refreshing flavours. Ultimate Aloe separates itself from the competition by being recognised with the IASC seal, certifying aloe content and purity. The aloe vera in Ultimate Aloe is harvested and processed according to sanitary manufacturing practices that use specific time and temperature guidelines. Aloe vera is rich in polysaccharides, and through our patented process these polysaccharides are isolated in a highly stable and bioactive form. Also, by eliminating undesirable components such as aloin, Ultimate Aloe is void of a 'laxative effect'. In addition to providing the body with over 200 nutrients, enzymes, vitamins and minerals, Ultimate Aloe Juice includes 13 of the 17 essential minerals needed for good nutrition including fibre and amino acids.
*These products are not manufactured or distributed by Market (United Kingdom) Ltd and all associated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Why Choose Ultimate Aloe?
The aloe plant has been used to promote health for thousands of years. Ultimate Aloe Juice is a source of over 200 nutrients, enzymes, vitamins and minerals, including 13 of the 17 essential minerals needed for good nutrition. Because the typical diet consists of many foods hard to digest, maintaining a healthy digestive tract is important to the overall health of the body. This is true because a healthy digestive tract ensures proper absorption of nutrients from the food we eat. Ultimate Aloe Juice has the IASC (International Aloe Science Council) seal that certifies the aloe content and purity. The aloe vera in Ultimate Aloe Juice is harvested and processed according to sanitary manufacturing practices that use specific time and temperature guidelines. This preserves the natural properties of the aloe vera plant so you receive the maximum benefits of the product. Ultimate Aloe Juice is virtually free of undesirable components such as aloin and other anthraquinones (aloin: one ppm or less) confirmed by an independent university laboratory. It is necessary to avoid components such as aloin and anthraquinones because of their history of harsh side effects. Ultimate Aloe Juice’s quality is analysed for chemical and physical characteristics and in-vitro assays for monitoring biological activity. Our manufacturer is the only supplier with a full range of biological, chemical and medicinal research and development capabilities.
Aloe vera Leaf (ActiveAloe™)
Chemical analysis shows that aloe vera contains vitamins, minerals, triglycerides, carbohydrates, amino acids, enzymes and water. The vitamins found in aloe include B1, B2, B3 and B12, choline, folic acid, vitamin C and beta-carotene (a precursor to Vitamin A), which are all vital to optimal health and the formation of certain key enzymes. Aloe has been shown to contain many beneficial minerals needed for good nutrition. Minerals found in aloe include calcium, magnesium, potassium, chloride, iron, zinc, manganese, copper, chromium, sulfur, boron, silicon, phosphorus, and sodium. These minerals are vital in the growth process and essential for the function of all body systems. Aloe vera also contains necessary triglycerides including fats, oil and waxes. They carry the fat-soluble vitamins and supply the fatty acids essential for growth and general health of the body. Aloe vera contains 20 of the 22 amino acids needed for good nutrition; nine of these are essential and must be supplied from an outside source because the body cannot manufacture its own. Aloe has been shown to contain all of the essential nine amino acids. Aloe vera also contains critical enzymes that trigger the chemical reaction of vitamins, minerals and hormones for normal functioning of the body.
What is ActiveAloe™?
Ultimate Aloe Juice contains the ingredient ActiveAloe™, which is protected by a patented process that actually enhances aloe vera’s biological activity by isolating the polysaccharide fraction from the plant. This is important because the healthful benefits of aloe come from polysaccharides of a certain size. ActiveAloe™ is produced under ultra-sanitary condition; employees go through sanitation every time work area entered, and the entire area undergoes wash down each night. It contains a novel proprietary method enabling the dehydration of aloe while maintaining flavour, colour and nutrients.
I noticed the IASC Seal on the Ultimate Aloe Juice bottles. What is it and what does it mean for me?
The seal is a certificate from the International Aloe Science Council (IASC). It demonstrates that the quality of aloe in Ultimate Aloe Juice has been validated and certified by an independent group of professionals. Market United Kingdom has made a strong commitment to sell a standardised, well-defined, thoroughly tested product that meets the rigid standards of the Council.
What is the shelf life of Ultimate Aloe Juice?
If un-refrigerated and unopened, Ultimate Aloe Juice will last approximately one year.
Is Ultimate Aloe Juice safe for diabetics?
Anyone under medical treatment should consult a physician before taking any natural products.
Is Ultimate Aloe Juice cold-processed?
No, it is pasteurised. Pasteurisation is the process by which the product eliminates bacteria to prevent contamination and spoilage. In fact, several studies show that the active ingredients can be enhanced by heating.
Why is caramel added to the Natural flavour?
The caramel is added to the product to obtain the dark brownish colour.
Why does the taste vary?
The taste will vary from lot to lot due to the seasonal time of harvest. The sun and the amount of water the plants receive are directly responsible for the ripeness of the plants. Just as with any vegetable, you will have a different taste, depending upon the growing process.
The label on the bottles includes something called malic acid. Why is that added?
The malic acid was added to further promote freshness and aid in balancing the pH level.
What are the steps in harvesting the natural aloe in Ultimate Aloe Juice?
Aloe is harvested by pulling back on the green leaf and cutting at the white base. Approximately three of the outermost mature leaves are cut from each plant. Leaves are gathered in boxes that are transported immediately to the production facility. Back at the building, production employees feed incoming harvested leaves into the primary washer located just outside the production room. The production room has a stainless steel conveyor system that quickly moves harvested leaves from the primary wash tank outside through a small opening in the wall into the room. The conveyors propel leaves to the mechanical leaf washer, and then to the cutting area. The production room is kept in an ultra-sanitary state, even when not in use. Employees are required to go through a process of sanitation every time they enter the room and the entire area is thoroughly cleaned after each production run. It is important to use aloe vera that has been processed in a manner to stabilise the aloe and stop the enzymes from continuing to break down the polysaccharides. This normally has to be done in the first four to six hours after severing the leaf from the mother plant. Ultimate Aloe Juice is properly harvested and manufactured to ensure the body receives maximum benefits.
Why is the aloin removed from the aloe?
Fresh whole leaf aloe vera juice contains aloin, a very powerful laxative, which must be eliminated from the juice if it is to be used safely as an ingredient in topical products or as a health drink. Aloin is a compound, which is produced frome-modin and glucose. When whole leaf aloe is pasteurised and the aloin is eliminated, the juice is safe for both topical and internal use.
What is the history of aloe vera use in promoting health?
The idea that aloe vera can promote skin health is as old as the Pyramids. It is believed to have originated in the warm, dry climates of northern Africa. It has been found referenced in ancient hieroglyphics, which indicate it was a product that was traded between the Egyptians and the Sumerians as many as 6,000 years ago. It was first described in the Ebers Papyrus, an Egyptian medical book written between 1553-50 B.C.E. The aloe has been used as a health agent or cosmetic ingredient for thousands of years in promoting normal wound healing, healthy digestion and healthy skin. Persian and Indian healers have used the soothing powers of aloe vera for centuries. In addition, both Chinese and Japanese civilisations have taken advantage of aloe vera’s beneficial properties. Greeks and Romans also used aloe vera in supporting health as early as the first century. Ancient Greeks obtained it from the island of Socotra in the Indian Ocean. In the 10th century C.E., its soothing powers were recommended to the British king Alfred the Great by the Patriarch of Jerusalem. Muslims who have made the pilgrimage to Mecca are entitled to hang an aloe plant over their doors as a talisman against evil. If you look at the history of aloe as a topical application or cosmetic ingredient, there are three types of evidence that have been used to support its value, including testimonials, scientific research and chemical analysis. Reports show that as early as the 1930s, the gel was used to successful sooth and promote the normal healing of X-ray and radium burns. Studies were also done on its effectiveness for thermal burns. Many individuals apply the gel to minor cuts, abrasions and burns. Aloe vera products enjoy growing public interest. Strong examination of aloe vera continues within the medical community. Most of the modern research has focused on aloe vera’s ability to promote skin health and support normal healing. These outcomes are supported by many clinical studies conducted by medical professionals. The juice of the plant continues to gain in popularity as an effective health drink. Hundreds of chemical reports show that aloe vera contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes and a large number of healthy compounds.
Are there any preservatives in Ultimate Aloe Juice?
Yes.The aloe vera plant is classified as a vegetable and like all plant products, the juice must be preserved or it will rapidly decompose when the leaves are processed. Potassium sorbate (from mountain ash trees) and sodium benzoate (from benzoin gum) are used in minute quantities as preservatives, and ascorbic and citric acid are used to stabilise and balance pH levels. Ultimate Aloe Juice is made from 100 percent aloe vera through a unique whole leaf process, using only certified leaves. This method carefully removes the unnecessary aloin and aloe-emodin while still maintaining high levels of modified aloe polysaccharides, which have been shown to contribute too many health benefits. The International Aloe Science Council has certified the aloe content and purity in this product.
- Andersen D., et al. In vitro virucidal activity of selected anthraquinones and anthraquinone derivatives. Antiviral Res. 16(2):185-96, 1991.
- Ashleye, A.D. Applying heat during processing of the commercial Aloe Vera gel. Erde International 1, 40-44, 1983.
- Bautista-Perez R., et alI. In vitro antibradykinin activity of Aloe barbadensis gel. . J Ethnopharmacol. 93:89-92, 2004.
- Blitz, J. J., et al. Aloe Vera gel in peptic ulcer therapy: Preliminary report. J Am Osteopathol Soc. 62:731-735, 1963.
- Boudreau M., et al. An evaluation of the biological and toxicological properties of Aloe barbadensis (miller), Aloe Vera. J Environ Sci Health C . 24:103-54, 2006.
- Cole, H.N. and Cole, K.K., Aloe Vera in Oriental Dermatology. Arch. Dermat. And Sympt, Vol. 47, PP. 250, 1943.
- Davis, R. H., et al. Wound healing. Oral and topical activity of Aloe Vera. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 79(11):559-562, 1989.
- Eamlamnam K., et al. Effects of Aloe Vera and sucralfate on gastric microcirculatory changes, cytokine levels and gastric ulcer healing in rats. World J Gastroenterol. 12(13):2034-9, 2006.
- Gjerstad, G and Riner, T.D. Current Status of Aloe as a Cure-All. Am. J. of Pharm, 140 (2): 58-64, 1968.
- Gjerstad, G. An appraisal of the Aloe Vera juice; College of Pharmacy, University of Texas, Austin. Vol. 84: pps. 43-46, 1969.
- Korkina, L., et al. The protective and healing effects of a natural antioxidant formulation based on ubiquinol and Aloe Vera against dextran sulfate- induced ulcerative colitis in rats. Biofactors. 18(1-4):255-264, 2003.
- Langmead L, et al. Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of oral aloe Vera gel for active ulcerative colitis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 19(7):739-47, 2004.
- Langmead L, Rampton DS. Review article: complementary and alternative therapies for inflammatory bowel disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1;23(3):341-9, 2006.
- Langmead L., et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of aloe Vera gel in human colorectal mucosa in vitro. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 19(5):521-7, 2004.
- Robinson M. Medical therapy of inflammatory bowel disease for the 21st century. European Journal of Surgery. Supplement: 582: 90-8, 1998.
- Zhang X., et al. Isolation, structure elucidation, antioxidative and immunomodulatory properties of two novel dihydrocoumarins from Aloe Vera. Bioorg Med Chem Let
have a good after taste
This aloe actually tastes good. I especially like the Kiwi Strawberry. It has really helped my problem with digestion..
The best Aloe
This has changed my life and helped my IBS. Lits of flavored to choose from... from favorite is Kiwi-Strawberry.
My Favourite "cooling" drink
Love it so much. Very effective when you are sick as it's "cooling" all the body heat and help for recover.
Super ultimate aloe vera
I just love it. This is the best perfect aloe vera product I can ever find in the Market.